Speaking | Consulting | Workshops | Seminars
Please contact me at email@example.com for speaking inquiries.
My goal is to help educators leverage a few key “difference makers” so they walk away from a keynote empowered to transform their work the very next day. Attendees will be engaged with a blend of humor, storytelling, and practical take-away points that will motivate and challenge. Keynotes are personalized to meet the needs of your group.
Let’s talk about the merger of best practice and student-centered innovation. Unleash student potential and support the amazing work teachers are doing with greater precision than ever before.
- Renegade Leaders understand what makes great teaching great.
- An inspiring and pragmatic look at how to champion a digital age pedagogy.
Cultivating a Culture of Innovation
Students deserve learning experiences that are congruent with the innovation occurring outside of school. School leadership is desperately needed to nurture a culture that is attune with what the 21st century student needs.
- See how social media and technology can transform learning in your school.
- Learn about four practical strategies to cultivate creativity and innovation.
The Birds, Bees & “Beta”
Preparing kids for life in a connected world needs to be a purposeful process. There is a growing disconnect between the “Beta” world our students were born into, and the current educational landscape. This keynote will empower parents and educators to reclaim their homes and schools for kids.
- Learn strategies to partner with parents to promote safety and digital-age citizenship.
- Learn how to overcome “tech-phobia” through a connected pedagogy.
Igniting Passion through Personalized Learning
This keynote is an upbeat and inspiring mix of research and story-telling that will illuminate a path for personalized learning in your school. Learn how to empower staff learning with responsive professional development (PD). Explore how to recognize student passions to increase engagement.
- Learn strategies to personalize professional learning using digital tools and “flipped” instruction.
- See how the Maker-Movement, Genius Hour, and other innovative practices are nurturing creativity in kids.
The Rise of School Branding
There are so many amazing things happening in our schools. This keynote will inspire you to shine the light on the incredible work that students and staff are doing. Bring new opportunities to your students and school today!
- Learn the “hows” and “whys” for integrating digital-age communications into your regular work flow.
- See strategies to build community and increase student opportunity using social media in action!
You Don’t Need a Megaphone to Amplify Student Voice
As technology advances at breakneck speeds, instruction and lesson design have not kept pace; the same can be said of leadership practices. This keynote will inspire participants to celebrate student creativity and rethink pedagogy to reflect digital-age skills.
- Explore how a few subtle changes to traditional 20th century practices can amplify student voice like never before.
- Learn how to provide students an authentic audience for their work by using social media as learning media.
Squelching the Status Quo
This keynote will expose five myths that perpetuate the status quo. Meaningful technology integration can be a transformative force for kids, but first we have to confront systemic barriers to digital age learning.
- See inspiring examples from educators who are successfully confronting the five myths.
- Learn about five strategies to harness technology’s transformative potential.
The Power of a Connected Pedagogy
Our students are living connected lives outside of school. Whether they are playing games online or communicating with friends, they have the world at their fingertips. This keynote will clearly demonstrate how to put the principles of connectivity and social learning theory to work for kids.
- Learn game-changing strategies to connect your classroom or school regardless of whether you are 1:1 or still writing on slate.
- See engaging examples of “how” and “why” kids need us to re-imagine teaching, learning, and leadership processes.
Just One Step
Each of us has the potential to transform learning for students, but getting started is often the most challenging part. This keynote will help school leaders must take ownership of the fact that their support can empower (or potentially stifle) innovative opportunities for students.
- Learn the first steps to establish a culture of risk-taking and innovation.
- Find encouragement as you and your team level-up your efforts for kids.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS:
10+ Ways to Amplify Student Voice
Flipped Leadership 101
Digital Media Melee
Connected Learning is Relevant Learning
Social Media Seminar
How to Personalize your PD
Principal PD Planning: How to Inspire Staff Learning
Cutting-Edge Cool: 10 Ways to Bring Innovation to your School
The Pathway to 21st Century Learning
10+ Ways to Bolster Creativity
How to Harness the Power of the Hashtag
Leave a comment