Global Green-Screen Project
CONNECT STUDENTS TO A COLLABORATIVE VIDEO PROJECT #GlobalGSP
Click HERE to View Current Playlist!
Do you remember being a student in elementary school and creating a shared story with your classmates? The idea was simple…a teacher started by writing down a sentence on a sheet of notebook paper.
The teacher would then pass the paper to a student seated near the front of the class, and that student would add a sentence. After that, the story would be passed to the next student who would also add a sentence. The key was to build off each other’s writing to create a cohesive plot. It was wildly creative and tons of fun!
The Global Green-Screen Project is essentially the same thing. Instead of adding a sentence to a story your class is adding a 20-30 second video created in green-screen. This is an opportunity for students to practice creativity, collaboration, digital leadership and more!
OPTION #1: DIRECTIONS
- Sign-up to participate HERE.
- Wait for your turn (each video “chapter” needs to build upon previous videos).
- Watch all of the videos before your chapter to ensure your class connects to the preexisting plot in a logical manner.
- If you notice the person ahead of you missed their deadline on the sign-up sheet you may contact them or skip them to keep the project on schedule.
- Try to conclude your video with a transition or prompt that sets the next class up for success. This will increase cohesion in the final production.
- Once your video is complete download it to YouTube and title it using the format below: “Chapter (insert number) – Global Green-Screen Project”
- Add a YouTube link to your completed video in the shared google doc HERE.
- E-mail the next person on the list when your video is posted so that they may begin production.
- Try to complete your video within 2-4 days of being contacted.
We’ll run this first Global Green-Screen Project for six to eight weeks and see what happens. Please use the hashtag #GlobalGSP on Twitter for sharing.
OPTION #2: FREESTYLIN’
Students can create a short (1 minute or less) green-screen video that goes with the theme, “Let Learning Take You Places.” The goal is to amplify student voice in a creative way, so encourage kids to dream big as they share their learning. Once your video is complete download it to YouTube and title it using the format below:
“Your Name – Global Green-Screen Freestyle”
Note: The “Freestyle” option will be run separately from the collaborative video project. Freestyle videos are not part of the shared story sequence being created across different schools.
COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
The Global Green-Screen Project provides students an immersive opportunity to interact with the Common Core State Standards. Please see an example of the Speaking/Listening Standards this project supports below.
Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas:
Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes; speak clearly at an understandable pace.
Include multimedia components (e.g., graphics, sound) and visual displays in presentations when appropriate to enhance the development of main ideas or themes.
QUESTIONS?! CONTACT OUR KEY COLLABORATORS:
Posted on August 7, 2015, in Uncategorized and tagged Brad Gustafson, Collaboration, Digital Leadership, EdTech, Global Green-Screen Project, GlobalGSP, Green-Screen, Greenscreen, Innovation, podcasting, TouchCast, Video. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.